[CONDUIT #RSH-289396]: Additional file for CONDUIT?

Rick,

We have posted a plan for adding data following the removal of the
NWS moratorium on changes to their systems:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/CONDUIT/CONDUIT_development_plans.html

and was in the CONDUIT presentation at the AMS CONDUIT meeting (slide 9 below)
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/CONDUIT/Unidata_CONDUIT_Status_and_Implementation_Update.pdf
This includes the addition of a 3-D set of 12km NAM grids (eg, replacing the
current
20km NAM 215 grids which are surface only in the data stream with 12km NAM 218
as a 3-D data set).

You are always welcome to suggest additions to the data stream
either to the support address which you did, or the conduit mail
list for discussion among other users.

By the way, there is a large subset of 12-km NAM grids being broadcast
over NOAAPORT already which is distributed via IDD in the NGRID feed.
Have you checked this data set for the parameters you are interested in?

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Hello-
>
> There is a popular NAM model dataset on NCEP's ftpprd server which is not
> on the CONDUIT stream (to my knowledge). Is there a process where I can
> request that this additional product be added to the CONDUIT stream?
>
> The files I am referring to are:
>
> server: ftpprd.ncep.noaa.gov
> directory: /pub/data/nccf/com/nam/prod/nam.20060406/
> file: nam.t12z.awip1224.tm00
> forecast cycles: 00, 06, 12, 18 UTC
> interval: every 3 forecast hours, 00 through 84
>
> These are the NAM 12 km surface fields, which are becoming increasingly
> popular around here. The files are moderately large (~45 mb each), so I
> would imagine that as more people use them the NCEP ftpprd server to
> collect them, the ftp load on the server will get pretty heavy. Thank you.
>
> -Rick
>
> Rick Steed, Research Meteorologist
> address@hidden
> 206-685-2183