Extended GFS 0.5 degree data

CONDUIT data users,

We would like to increase the 0.5 degree (grid #4) GFS availability to
the CONDUIT data stream as discussed at the working group meeting in
January:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/CONDUIT/Unidata_CONDUIT_Status_and_Implementation_Update.pdf

Currently, the CONDUIT feed provides F000 through F084 fields for the
GFS at the half degree resolution in GRIB2 format. We now have access to
the grids through F180 (an additional 1.2GB of data per model cycle)
and plan to add this to the data stream.

The addition of these files will involve a change in source file names
of the existing and additional data files from the NWS ftp server file
naming convention:
ftp://tgftp.nws.noaa.gov/SL.us008001/ST.opnt/MT.gfs_CY.HH/RD.YYYYMMDD/PT.grid_DF.gr2/fh.FFFF_tl.press_gr.0p5deg
to the NCEP ftp server naming convention:
ftp://ftpprd.ncep.noaa.gov/pub/data/nccf/com/gfs/prod/gfs.YYYYMMDD/gfs.tHHz.pgrb2fFFF

If you are currently using the 0.5 degree GFS products and the change of
file naming would cause problems for your use of the data, please
contact address@hidden as soon as possible.
Eventually, we would like to remove the legacy 1.0 degree GRIB1 format
(grid #3) products currently being sent in CONDUIT for the same
F000-F180 time period to allow for additional new data sets. We
encourage all users to transition to GRIB2 along with the NWS
announced changes so that new data sets can be utilized to their
fullest extent.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support