[TIGGE #YJF-169907]: NCEP parameters.

> Hello,
>
> Is there an indicator that is sent at the completion of a conduit
> send of NCEP's ensemble data?

Doug,

Each data set that is inserted into CONDUIT has an accompanying status file
that provides the inventory of products that should be expected. The
status file sequence number will be the last in the data set. However,
the LDM does not guarantee what order you will receive those products, in
particular
beacuse redundant request lines and delivery paths are possible. So the
best way to determine that all GRIB pieces ofthe original data file have been
received
is to log the sequence numbers received for each forecast file that is sent.

On motherlode, I actually file each product to a separate file so that users
could
obtain a single product if needed- which makes an easy check for completeness
which I provide through a web cgi:
http://motherlode.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/ldm/conduit_reception_new.csh

The cgi is a little slow for interactive web beacuse its checking all files on
the fly (and there are a lot of GEFS files), but definitely tollerable for a
process to check reception on reception of the status file.
Green on the file name shows that all sequence numbers have been received. You
can click through
to the status and individual member download.

> This would be helpful in the initiation of further processing.  Also,
> would it be possible to send
> UREL and VREL in separate grib messages of NCEP ensemble data?

The data on CONDUIT is just what NCEP is producing. No alteration to the GRIB
products are made by the LDM. The GRIB2 standard does provide for multiple
parameters
to be included within a single grib product, and NCEP is using that for the
U and V wind components (not just the ensembles but GFS files are that way too).

> Thanks
> Doug

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support