[CONDUIT #ZWV-440954]: CONDUIT latency

Hi John,

re:
> Our CONDUIT feed seems to be developing large latencies in the last
> few days:
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?CONDUIT+adiabat.rwic.und.edu
>
> I haven't changed the configuration and the machine looks fine.  Any
> ideas?

I see that your CONDUIT latencies dropped immediately after you switched your
upstream feed host from bigbird.tamu.edu to idd.unidata.ucar.edu.  My
impression,
therefore, would be that the latencies you were seeing when feeding from bigbird
were a result of either a problem on bigbird or in the network connection
between adiabat and bigbird.  A quick check of bigbird's latencies:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?CONDUIT+bigbird.tamu.edu

shows no problems, so I am left with the impression that there was some sort
of a routing problem (or traffic limiting "packet shaping") between adibat
and bigbird.

Ticket ID: ZWV-440954
Department: Support CONDUIT