[CONDUIT #OMX-565412]: LDM CONDUIT config

Hi Dan,

Tom Yoksas here...

re:
> Thanks for the reply, Jeff.  Yep, was waiting for a reply, before moving
> forward with this.  So, now I will start to hack away at it.

Very good.

re:
> I've already looked over
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/conduit/ldm_idd/index.html , and will
> use it as a starting point.

Excellent.

re:
> Before doing so, can you verify for me that our server is allowed to
> feed on the CONDUIT data?

You can/should do this yourself.  The easiest way to do this is as follows:

<as the user 'ldm' on the machine that will receive the CONDUIT data>
notifyme -vl- -f CONDUIT -h idd.unidata.ucar.edu

NB: you should already be allowed to request CONDUIT on idd.unidata.ucar.edu

re:
> And if so, which NCEP server should  we feed
> from?  The only server I've seen referenced in the web referenced is
> ftpprd.ncep.noaa.gov.

NCEP is not (yet) setup/allowing LDM connections to the CONDUIT toplevel
machines it operates at the WOC (I know because I investigated this for folks
at Southern Region a couple of months ago).  So, you will need to feed
from us or some other CONDUIT toplevel for now.  To get you going, you
can feed from our toplevel IDD relay cluster, idd.unidata.ucar.edu.

By the way, I was under the impression that NOAA/GSD was already
receiving the CONDUIT feed.  Is it possible that some other group
over in the Skaggs building is already getting the data you are after
and that it would be simpler to feed from them?

Before you ask, I have to add that I do not have the name for somebody
authoritative you should contact at NOAA/GSD.  I suggest you ask around
to see which groups are already using the LDM to get IDD-delivered data...

Ticket ID: OMX-565412
Department: Support CONDUIT