[Support #SBB-325304]: Re: 20110712: CONDUIT request -- fire weather grids

Hi Becky, Eric, Justin, et. al.,

re: double teaming poor little ole me

> No... you misunderstand.  It's not two against one, it's that UNIDATA is
> such a valuable customer to us, that we insist on giving you twice the
> customer support :)

Wow, are you politically astute or what!?  :-)

re:
> Let me bring the EMCers in on this to ask  about the content.  Geoff and
> Eric -- do you think the users want all of these grids in the
> fireweather GRIB2 files, or are there some in there that you don't think
> are needed in the CONDUIT feed.

re:
> Tom -- is there a reason not to send some of the fields?  Are we
> concerned about a resource issue?

My reason for asking is to ascertain if the GEMPAK GRIB tables that are
used by the gribinsert package need to be updated to include all of the
fireweather fields that are available.  This is more-or-less academic
since my approach has always been to update the tables used to support
all known possible fields.

Eric,

Nice rant!! :-)  (I totally understand your frustration of taking the
initiative on something and then not having it used or appreciated.)

Ticket ID: SBB-325304
Department: Support CONDUIT