[CONDUIT #NLP-275663]: SREF upgrade testing

Hi Carissa,

Sorry for the silence; I was in meetings for most of the day (ugh!).

re:
> A little more info:
>
> Carissa,
> The grib2 documentation is correct. because the WMO have
> been moved the HINDEX from parameter 3 to 2  in (discipline
> 2, category 4, parameter 3).
>
> So, when the cnvgrib convert from grib1 to grib2, the HINDEX
> should be discipline 2, category 4, parameter 2).

OK, thanks.  I just updated the table to define parameters 2 AND
3 as HINDEX (anticipating someone fixing 'cnvgrib' at some point
in the not too distant future.

I am attaching the updated GRIB2 tables to this reply.  All that
you need to do to upon receipt is:

<as 'ldm' on ldm2>
cd ~ldm/etc
mkdir backup           <- backup the tables being used first!!
cp g2vars*.tbl backup  <- backup the tables being used first!!

- extract the two files to a directory other than ~ldm/etc
  (NB: do not extract to the ~ldm/etc directory directly!!!!!)

cp g2varswmo.tbl ~ldm/etc/g2varswmo1.tbl
cp g2varswmo.tbl ~ldm/etc/g2varswmo2.tbl

cp g2varsncep.tbl ~ldm/etc/g2varsncep0.tbl
cp g2varsncep.tbl ~ldm/etc/g2varsncep1.tbl

The next time that 'gribinsert' is run, the new tables will be used.

I will call you a little before 18Z to discuss things before the
test.

Ticket ID: NLP-275663
Department: Support CONDUIT