[CONDUIT #OAE-251505]: NCEP CONDUIT feed setup

Hi Carissa and Becky,

Sorry for the tardy response... we were celebrating getting word that
our 5 year proposal to NSF is being funded!

re:
> I can be more clear. I am interested in what the volume of data that
> rtstats transmits across the network/day. Not the actual model data
> volumes that you pull from the LDM. But the volume statistics we send
> via the rtstats program. I'm assuming that the rtstats statistics are
> collected in a flat file somewhere, and maybe you can tell me how large
> that flat file is? This number might be very small, if it is you can
> just tell me that and it will suffice.

OK.  We have never put together numbers for real-time statistics since
the volumes are so small.  The statistics reports are generated in memory
each minute and then sent to rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu using the 'send'
protocol (e.g., ldmsend; transmissions are out of band meaning that
they are not requested by rtstats).  The total volume for an individual
site should certainly be less than about 1 MB/hour (and probably be
MUCH less); but I could not swear to this in a court of law :-)

Ticket ID: OAE-251505
Department: Support CONDUIT