[IDD #YBV-495737]: Fwd: No NDFD on CONDUIT

Hi Mike,

re:
> I just got a message indicating that we don't have NDFD data on our CONDUIT
> feed that we're allowing to outside users.  I have no idea how to check on
> this or what we need to do in order to include these data in our feed that
> we can share with others.

If your ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf REQUEST(s) for CONDUIT data is for everything ('.*')
then you should get everything that is being sent.  That being said, we were
informed late Friday of a problem with the Boulder top level CONDUIT injection
site
run by NOAA (they had a disk failure in a RAID) that would cause that source
of CONDUIT to be unavailable until the situation was resolved.  We implemented
a redundant feed REQUEST for CONDUIT data from the NOAA-operated top level
in Maryland so that data would keep flowing.  The problem is that the Maryland
top level is not getting the full complement of NDFD data; this is why you
did not see any over the weekend.  We got notification from NOAA that the
Boulder CONDUIT top level returned to service sometime last night (Sunday,
May 4), so you should expect to see the NDFD data return.

re:
> I would like to get everything possible.  Is
> there a "get *" command?

In LDM terminology, this is a feed REQUEST, and it/they will reside in
the ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf file.

re:
> I think I need to sign up for the LDM training
> this summer so I can finally learn how this stuff works.

I think that this would be a very good idea.  I believe that
the next series of training workshops are scheduled to be held
in late October/beginning of November, not this summer.  Based
on what we have learned over the years, some folks are able to
attend training in the summer (July-August), and others are
able to attend in the fall (October-November; last year's
training was held in late July/early August, so this year's
sessions will be held in the fall.

re:
> Thanks in advance for your help!

No worries.

Sorry for the interruption in service!

Mary ? wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>

> There hasn’t been any NDFD data on CONDUIT since 2 pm yesterday. Are you
> experiencing any issues right now that may be causing this?
>
> *2014-05-04 14:03:13|data/ndfd/YWUZ98_KWBN_041901.grib2
> !grib2/nwstg/NWS_0/#000/201405041900F047/GUST/0 - NONE! 000015*
>

> Thanks,
>
> Mary

Ticket ID: YBV-495737
Department: Support CONDUIT