[CONDUIT #PNI-592429]: LDM config statement for new GFS 0.25 data

Hi Chris,

re:
> If we have the following statement in ldmd.conf, will we get ALL GFS data
> including the 0.25 degree when it begins?
>
> REQUEST CONDUIT ".*" upstream.host.name

You will be REQUESTing all of the CONDUIT data.  Your ability to receive
the data will most certainly depend on your network connection.  The
reason I say this is that many users who REQUEST all CONDUIT have found
the need to split their REQUEST into several, mutually-exclusive sub
REQUESTs.  Splitting the REQUEST will result in several channels by which
the data will be sent from the upstream.host.name, and this will help
keep the latency down for all of the data REQUESTed.

re:
> I guess this assumes that our upstream host will also be receiving all GFS
> data?

Yes.  At least initially, there will only be 3 top level relays for all of
the CONDUIT data.  Hopefully, this situation will change over time, but
over time there will invariably be more data to relay.

Ticket ID: PNI-592429
Department: Support CONDUIT