[CONDUIT #DWE-584717]: LDM access for GFS

Hi Brad,

re:
> I was just wondering on the status of my ticket:
> Ticket ID: DWE-584717
> Subject: LDM access for GFS
> Department: Support CONDUIT

I sincerely apologize for not getting back to you on this before now!  It
was certainly not our intent to ignore your request for a CONDUIT feed.

re:
> I was wondering if we could be whitelisted in CONDUIT to receive the GFS
> forecast through an LDM feed. We have an LDM client for MADIS and really
> like the event driven alternative to pinging FTP sites.

We, Unidata Program Center/UCAR, currently only provide non-'.edu' sites with
IDD feeds if there is a measurable benefit to the Unidata community as a whole
for providing the service.  This does not mean, however, that a non-'.edu'
organization like yours is prevented from participating in the IDD.  Many
sites have established relationships with Unidata university IDD participants
that are willing to provide the feed(s) desired.  Given this, I suggest that
you subscribe to the address@hidden email list, and then post
a request for one or more upstream feed sites.

You can (un)subscribe to any email list that we maintain online at:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Support -> Mailing Lists
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/index.html#mailinglists

re:
> P.S. My friends back in Colorado are telling me it was in the 70's this
> week, that is crazy!

The high today at the NCAR Foothills Lab was just over 68F!  Moreover, the
high in Nederland (which is near where I live) was over 50F.  The real problem
with this warmth is that it has been _so_ dry!

Ticket ID: DWE-584717
Department: Support CONDUIT