[CONDUIT #MWI-895819]: LDM CONDUIT gfs sfluxgrb files

Hi Matthew,

re:
> It has been over two weeks since I submitted this ticket and I have not
> heard anything yet.

Our apologies for not responding to your original email!  Our silence
was not intentional.

re:
> Is there some system that I have to check for responses or will I
> get an email?

We should have send you an email response.  Again, our apologies.

re:
> I was wondering if/when the gfs sfluxgrb files (gfs.t12z.sfluxgrbf00.grib2,
> etc)
> are going to be added to CONDUIT?
>
> We can get them through the ftp site
>
> ftp://ftp.ncep.noaa.gov/pub/data/nccf/com/gfs/prod/gfs.2017072112
>
> but would prefer to use ldm with CONDUIT.

New content is added to CONDUIT when there is solid support for that
content from the CONDUIT using community.  Adding or removing content
to CONDUIT is not something that we can do unilaterally as NOAA/NCEP
is actually in charge of the processes that create the content.

I think that the best course of action is for your to send out an
email to the address@hidden email list voicing your
desire for the addition of the sfluxgrb products to the data stream
and asking other CONDUIT users if they support this addition.  If
there is widespread support for the addition, we can work with
NCEP to get the addition into the pipeline.

NB:

In order to post to any Unidata-maintained email list one must be
subscribed to that list first.  The (un)subscription process is
done online at:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Support -> Mailing Lists
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/index.html#mailinglists

Choose the way you would like to be subscribed to the list(s) of
choice, and then post your request to the list _after_ you have
received confirmation of your subscription.

Again, our apologies for not responding sooner!

Ticket ID: MWI-895819
Department: Support CONDUIT