[Support #QNF-376251]: [conduit] Missing GFS grids on CONDUIT this morning?

Hi Pete,

re:
> I just noticed that we did not receive GFS data via CONDUIT for many of
> the forecast hours for this morning's 12 UTC run. The times that we did
> receive appear to be complete, but, for example, for the 1 degree global
> data, we are completely missing hours 90, 93,96, 99, 102, 105, 111 through
> 147, 156, 165, 168, 174, 180, 183, 201, 207, 210, 213, 216, and 219.

I noticed the much lower volume of data in the CONDUIT feed for the
15 and 16 UTC hours, and a higher volume than usual for 17 UTC.  We were
not aware of any planned partial outage.

re:
> Similar, though not exact, files were missing from the 0.5 deg and 0.25
> deg data sets.
>
> A quick browse of CONDUIT data amounts from Daryl Herzman's new IDD data
> stats page shows a marked decrease in data recieved at both UW-Madison AOS
> and Unidata.
>
> Any idea what happened?

we (Unidata) do not have any idea.  A message we received from Dustin
Sheffler on another CONDUIT related topic (including the need to
fix the clocks on the NCEP top level IDD sources for CONDUIT) made
no mention of an impending outage.

re:
> These data files do appear to exist on ftpprd.ncep.noaa.gov.
>
> Also - the latencies from the root conduit servers to UW-Madison
> and Unidata look like they are still slowly drifting higher, as if
> the time is drifting on the root conduit server (bottom graph in
> this email)

I was monitoring CONDUIT volumes because we are upgrading all of our
LDM instances to the version Steve released yesterday, LDM-6.13.12,
and we do not cut over to new LDM releases during CONDUIT data
maxima.

Ticket ID: QNF-376251
Department: Support CONDUIT