19990128: Accessing Unidata-Wisconsin datastream archive

>From: Carlos Morales <address@hidden>

Carlos,

>I was wondering if you can help.
>I need to retrieve some GOES image from your UNIDATA archive, but I
>don't have a username neither a password.
>Can you tell me how should I proceed to obtain one?

Unidata and SSEC maintain the Unidata-Wisconsin datastream archive
for sites participating in the Unidata program.  This archive is not
the full GOES archive that is available through NCDC, but, rather,
it only contains images that were sent in our datastream.  It is likely
that you are looking for higher resolution imagery (either temporal
or spatial) that this archive contains.

Were you thinking that this was the national GOES archive?  If so, you
should be contacting NCDC for access to their archive.

>Thanks so much for your attention.

>Sincerely yours
>Carlos A Morales

Tom Yoksas