acars files available from fsl

ACARS data in netCDF format is now available from the FSL LDM server.
This request line should be adequate:

request  FSL2  "^FSL\.NetCDF\.ACARS\.QC\..*"    ldm.fsl.noaa.gov

We already allow thelma and zero in our configuration for feedtype
FSL2.  If you need us to configure another machine, please send
mail to address@hidden.

Thanks,

Joan Brundage

>From address@hidden  Fri Jun  4 10:57:01 1999

Hi Joan,

These data are currently flowing into Unidata, and looking good.  One
question that came up is whether you are planning a point-to-point
subscription to these data from each university site to FSL.  If so, it's
probably more feasible to create a different feed type, because the
6-minute profiler data are at the same feed type.  Profiler data are
available through the regular mechanism, using the IDD topology.

If you're going to create a point-to-point (as was discussed previously),
we need to have the contact person or email address at FSL of how to
subscribe to the data stream, before we can make a general community
announcement.

Thanks a lot for your efforts on this.  I know it hasn't been easy!

Linda