19990701: Unidata/Wisc broadcast - update

>From: Chad Johnson <address@hidden>

Chad,

>I've made the switch of the product generation to gold. Again, all GRID and MD
>products have been suspended. The products continue to be shipped to
>unidata.ssec.wisc.edu where they will be routed to those ldm sites that haven't
>switched yet. I plan to stay in this configuration through the weekend until
>Tuesday morning when unidata is actually turned off. If folks haven't switched
>to gold by Tuesday morning, then those sites will lose data.

Sounds reasonable to me!

>As of about 15:15, about half have made the switch.

OK.  Are you going to attempt to contact the other sites to remind them
that they need to switch, or are you going to wait until tomorrow/Monday?

>Let me know if you see any problems with the products.

Our LDM machine here at the UPC is shemp.  I just looked on shemp
and see that it is still feeding from unidata.ssec.wisc.edu, so we are
one of the half that need to get off our buts.  I am switching to
feed off of gold as I write this.  I will be able to let you know if
there are any problems later in the day.

>I don't expect any, but we
>are running McIDAS 7.6 which is 3 versions (wow! is it that far behind) later
>than what we were running previously.

OK, thanks for the heads-up.