19990727: NOAA/NGDC DMSP data for the Unidata community (reply)

Hi Tom,

Good to hear from you.  I am writing a proposal to the NOAA High Performance
Computing and Communications (HPCC) Networking Panel, requesting support for
a high speed network connection for the DMSP data to get out of NGDC, via
Abilene.  This could be the route to get the data over to UCAR-UNIDATA.  The
proposal is due this Friday.  Could I list UCAR-UNIDATA as one of the
programs the DMSP - HPCC project would serve?  Could I list you as a
co-investigator?

I am putting together a table of daily data volumes as part of the HPCC
proposal.  I'll try to have this for you (as well as the draft proposal if
you have time to take a look at it) later today.

Thanks,

*
Chris Elvidge
Office of the Director