19991011: Unidata-Wisconsin data archive information (cont.)

>From: address@hidden

Rick,

>   Thank you for the help. Renaming the files into appropriate McIDAS
>format is what I was tryin to do.

OK, I'm glad the information helped.

>For a different case study I have worked
>on from May 1998, CIRA sent CD's with data already in McIDAS format.

I guess you mean data that already followed the McIDAS naming conventions.

>Apparently they aren't sending the data anymore unless a NWS employee is
>using the data for research.

Bummer!

>I'm glad there is still some place from which
>the data can be ordered. Originally the research involved using the RSO
>and/or SRSO for GOES-8. Do you know of any place where that data could be
>obtained?

I know that Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC) has an FTP site from which
one can grab current data.  As far as archived data goes, you would have
to go through NCDC and order the scenes that you need.

>   Thank you again for your help.

You are welcome.

Tom