20000217: Re: Quality Control: VAD winds

Hello Karl,

I have copied two people at the National Weather Service on this email, who can
hopefully respond to your question about the QC of VAD winds.  I am hoping that
they can refer your email to the appropriate person, if they cannot respond
directly.

Good luck with your work on the bird contamination research you're doing.

Linda

--On Thu, Feb 17, 2000 11:51 AM -0600 "Karl W. Schulze"
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello Linda,
>
> My name is Karl Schulze, and I am a meteorology graduate student at Texas
> A&M University.  I have been working on the bird contamination problem of
> the WSR-88D VAD Wind Profile algorithm, and my advisor (Dr. Nielsen-Gammon)
> and I are interested in knowing more about the new quality control check
> being performed on the data.
>
> We would be grateful for any information you could provide us!
>
> Thank you,
>
> Karl Schulze

Linda Miller - address@hidden
External Liaison, Unidata