20000312: TOMS data sets at NCDC

>From: Jaclyn M Dispensa <address@hidden>

Jaclyn,

>I am a student at drexel university in Philadelphia,PA, and looking for UV
>data from TOMS satellite.  Do you have this data?

No, Unidata does not maintain archives of any kind of data.

>Or do you know of a
>location where I can get this data besides Goddard?

I must checked the National Climactic Data Center web pages and found
access to TOMS data:

NCDC
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/
  National Virtual Data System

ttp://nndc.noaa.gov/?http://ols.nndc.noaa.gov:7777/plolstore/plsql/olstore.main?look=1

If you click on the button labeled Satellite, you will see Total Ozone Mapping
(TOMS) in the list.  I have never used this resource; I assume that it works,
however.

>It is very important
>that I get this information before May.  I need to finish my research paper
>to graduate in June.

>Thank you.

You are welcome.  If you can't find the information at NCDC, then I
suggest you do a web search for either both: Total Ozone Mapping and
TOMS.

>Jaclyn Dispensa

Tom Yoksas