20000705: navigation problems with GINI GOES sounder products

>From: Unidata User Support <address@hidden>

Hi Barb,

We have noticed that the GINI navigation values for the new GOES
sounder products (Lifted Index, Precipitable Water, Skin Temperature,
and Cloud Top Pressure) are incorrect.

All of these "super-national" products contain:

La1 7.868500
Lo1 141.022598
Lov 255.000000

All of the other GINI super-national products have the following navigation
values:

La1 7.838100
Lo1 -141.027405
Lov -105.000000

It would appear, therefore, that the sounder product images need to have
their Lo1 and Lov values adjusted to be -141.022598 and -105.000000,
respectively.

I guess the good news is that the broadcast of these products was
supposed to be suspended until the next build of AWIPS is installed
in all of the forecast offices.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide on this.

Tom Yoksas

>From address@hidden Wed Jul  5 23:45:35 2000
>Subject: [GWI] New Incident ticket created in c.Support for Tom Yoksas

Thank you for your request for help.  A technician will be contacting you.

Call tracking number is HDEK-4LY8PF.  Ticket is for Tom Yoksas, phone
number 303-497-8644, email address@hidden.

The incident is described as:
AWIPS header navigation values for the new GOES sounder products are
incorrect.