Weekend problem on EASTL, WESTS server

We lost a CPU board on our primary GOES East server (datasets
EASTL/WESTS), at approximately 0800UTC, Saturday, Jday 211.  The servers
were back up by ~1900UTC on Sunday, Jday 212.

All data during that time period was available in the backup datasets
EASTS/WESTL, and is available from archive tape.

In order to replace the board on the primary GOES East server today, we
will be switching  to the backup.
Until we switch back,  the EASTL (EASTL.SSEC.WISC.EDU) loop will be
shorter than normal.   No action on users part is necessary.

We will send notification when the maintenance has been completed.

--
SSEC Data Center            Email:  address@hidden
UW Madison                  Web:    http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/datacenter

>From address@hidden Mon Jul 31 13:10:31 2000
>Subject: EASTL, WESTS server maintenance complete

All maintenance on the primary GOES East server (datasets EASTL/WESTS)  has
been completed, and we have switched back to it as of 1905UTC.