20001128: access to Unidata-Wisconsin archives

>From: Jason Correll <address@hidden>

Jason,

re: need a valid university email address

>No problem...my Penn State address is address@hidden
>Thank you for your response!

>My name is Jason Correll and I am a senior at Penn
>State University.  I ma doing a semester project on
>the January 25, 2000 snowstorm across the norhteast.
>I would like to use your archives to find imagery for
>the event.  From what I understand I need to access a
>username and password to do this.  I would be able to
>telnet into your system i believe under the
>address:unidata.ssec.ucar.edu     Any information you
>could provide would be greatly appreciatted!

The information you need is:

machine: unidata.ssec.wisc.edu
user: XXXXXX
pass: XXXXXX
directory: neartime -> near realtime data
           urequest -> user requested loads of historic data

Please review the information in:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/unirec.html

to see how to request loads of historic data.

Tom Yoksas