RE: Questions about NIDS usage in Unidata McIDAS

Russ/Tom,

Thanks for the information.

FYI..this page has the products that will be available unencrypted on
1/1/2001 (The ones down through the AWIPS 5 build):
http://www.nws.noaa.gov/oso/noaaport.html

This is corroborated by a communication I got from NWS with the following
data:

> > Radar Data (after 01/01/01):
> >     a.  Individual 88-D Site Data: All NWS Radars
> >         1.  19/R Base Reflectivity, 0.50 degree tilt
> >         2.  19/R Base Reflectivity, 1.45/1.50 degree tilt
> >         3.  19/R Base Reflectivity, 2.40/2.50 degree tilt
> >         4.  19/R Base Reflectivity, 3.35/3.35 degree tilt
> >         5.  20/R Base Reflectivity, 0.50 degree tilt
> >         6.  25/V Base Radial Velocity, 0.50 degree tilt
> >         7.  25/V Base Radial Velocity, 1.45/1.50 degree tilt
> >         8.  37/CR Composite Reflectivity
> >         9.  41/ET Echo Top
> >         10.  56/SRM  Storm Relative Mean Radial Velocity, 0.50 degree
tilt
> >         11.  56/SRM  Storm Relative Mean Radial Velocity, 1.45 degree
tilt
> >         12.  56/SRM  Storm Relative Mean Radial Velocity, 2.40 degree
tilt
> >         13.  57/VIL  Vertical Integrated Liquid
> >         14.  74/RCM  Radar Coded Message
> >         15.  75/FTM  Free Text Message
> >         16.  78/OHP  Surface Rainfall Accumulation - One Hour
> >         17.  80/STP  Surface Rainfall Precipitation - Storm Total
> >         18.  81/DPA  Digital Precipitation Array

Other stuff:

1. I don't see evidence of any IMGDISP changes in 7.7 or the fast tracks
7.701 and 7.702 for the ID= option. The directory masking stuff was included
with 7.7, though.

2.  Is there a command (preferably an HP-UX 10.20 binary) that will
uncompress and compress the zlib radar files?

In any case,it looks like we will be needing to install X and XCD fastracks
shortly after 1/1/2001.  (The ADDE servers are in the X package and not the
XCD package, right?)

Thanks,

Bryan