20010309: papagayo hammered by numerous gplts

>From: Unidata User Support <address@hidden>

Clint,

When I pointed at papagayo for ADDE sounding data yesterday, I noticed
that it was not being processed/processed correctly.  I just got back
to looking at point source data on papagayo this morning, and I noticed
that access to the machine was extremely slow.

Being the curious sort, I logged on and did a 'ps -u ldm'.  I round
that there are beaucoup invocations of gplt hanging around:

papagayo% ps -u ldm | grep gplt | wc
     153     612    3978

I figure that most of these gplt invocations are orphans, and they are
affecting all data ingestion/processing on pagagayo.

Just thought you'd like to know...

Tom