Re: Power outage at SSEC - Conventional Data Server Status

From 1500 UTC through about 1515 UTC today (Friday 3/30),
noaaport.ssec.wisc.edu will be temporarily unavailable due to maintenance.

UW SSEC Data Center wrote:

> As of 1930UTC, the NOAAPORT data is now available from our backup server.
>
> No action is necessary on your end to access this data, but you will find
> data missing for the 18-19z time period and a slower response time.   The
> NEXRAD data is also not available from this server.
>
> We will hopefully have the primary server back up later this week.
>
> UW SSEC Data Center wrote:
>
> > Due to a campus wide power outage, SSEC was without power from
> > approximately 1740UTC - 1755UTC.
> >
> > The GOES data servers were not affected other than no data being
> > ingested during the power outage time period.
> >
> > All other data servers are now up as of 1830z with the exception of the
> > NOAAPORT server.   We hope to have a backup server for NOAAPORT up
> > shortly.
> >
> > --
> > SSEC Data Center            Email:  address@hidden
> > UW Madison                  Web:    http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/datacenter
> > 1225 W. Dayton              Phone:  (608) 262-0502
> > Madison, Wisconsin 53706    Fax:    (608) 263-6738
>
> --
> SSEC Data Center            Email:  address@hidden
> UW Madison                  Web:    http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/datacenter
> 1225 W. Dayton              Phone:  (608) 262-0502
> Madison, Wisconsin 53706    Fax:    (608) 263-6738

--
SSEC Data Center            Email:  address@hidden
UW Madison                  Web:    http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/datacenter
1225 W. Dayton              Phone:  (608) 262-0502
Madison, Wisconsin 53706    Fax:    (608) 263-6738

>From address@hidden Fri Mar 30 08:23:33 2001
>Subject: Conventional Data Server Status - 3/30

The primary NOAAPORT server is up and decoding data as of 1500 UTC.
We plan on switching users back over to it by 1700 UTC today. No action
will be necessary on your part to begin using the primary server. However,
once the switch is done users wanting data prior to 1500 UTC should point
to wxdata.ssec.wisc.edu

>From address@hidden Fri Mar 30 10:46:06 2001
>Subject: Re: Conventional Data Server Status - 3/30

At of 1700 UTC, the NOAAPORT data is again available from our primary
server.

Not action is necessary on your end to access the data that's come in since
1500 UTC. However, if you want data prior to 1500 UTC, you should point
to wxdata.ssec.wisc.edu