20010627: More NEXRAD products on NOAAPORT

>From: Harry Edmon <address@hidden>

Harry,

>Do you know what the current schedule is for adding NEXRAD products to
>NOAAPORT?

We have not seen any updates to the schedule since the tests back in
April.

>Cloud top information would be especially useful.

Until the products are added to NOAAPORT, NEXRAD data can be FTPed from
the NWS directly.  In case you didn't already know about the anonymous
FTP access to all of the NEXRAD Level III products, check out:

NOAAPORT User's Page
http://www.nws.noaa.gov/noaaport/html/noaaport.shtml

=>What's New
  http://www.nws.noaa.gov/noaaport/html/whats_nw.shtml

  =>RPCCDS
    http://www.nws.noaa.gov/oso/rpccds.html

    =>File Transfer documentation on how to FTP data from the Gateway file
servers
      http://www.nws.noaa.gov/dataprod.html

      =>HOW TO DOWNLOAD DATA AND PRODUCTS USING FTP
        http://www.nws.noaa.gov/datahelp.html

        =>Radar Products
          http://www.nws.noaa.gov/radfiles.html

The last page has a reference to the FTP server that hosts the data:

ftp://ptgftp.nws.noaa.gov

And information on the directory and file naming practices.  I found the
Echo Tops products in:

ftp://ptgftp.nws.noaa.gov/SL.us008001/DF.of/DC.radar/DS.p41et/

I'm sorry that we don't have anything more current on when the additional
products will be added to NOAAPORT.

Tom