20010814: data request id and password

>From: Owen Cooper <address@hidden>

Owen,

>Now that I am no longer at the U. of Virginia and am working at the NOAA
>Aeronomy lab I suppose I need to get a new user ID and password to enable
>me to access the SSEC MCIDAS data archives
>(the ftp site, unidata.ssec.wisc.edu).

This is an interesting situation.  The Unidata-Wisconsin archive site
is really supposed to be for Unidata site use.  Given that you are working
with CU/CIRES, it seems to me that you are still at a Unidata site.
This means that you would still use the same access information you were
using while at UVa:

machine: unidata.ssec.wisc.edu
user: umcidas
pass: XXXXXX

>If you could set me up with an account I would greatly appreciate it.

There is only one account for accessing the archives.  It is the one
listed above.

>Thanks!

Later...

Tom