20010913: problem with NIDS selection via WSI

>From: "Eric J. Horst" <address@hidden>

Eric,

Sorry I was unable to attend to this email last week.

>We have been unable to gain access to the NIDS Admin site for the last few
>days. The links is:
>
>http://www.uni.wsicorp.com/tier_svcs/chng_svc_login.html
>
>These has been intermittent problems getting into the selection site for
>several months, but never or consecutive days.

I just logged onto their NIDS floater selection site with no problems.
Given your comment (never on consecutive days), this may have been lucky
or it may indicate some sort of problem with your access to the site.

>Any idea what's up with WSI?

No, we have heard nothing from them or College of DuPage on this subject.
Quite frankly, we never have occasion to contact their web selection
page, so we wouldn't know if it was up or down without you or COD telling
us.

>Of course, we also key in site selections on the UNIDATA site at:
>
>http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/floaters/floaters.html
>
>This page has worked flawlessly for us.

Excellent.

>However, any schools getting only the WSI feed are not receiving current
>sites. Hopefully, we can get this fixed by early next week--looks like we
>could have a land-falling hurricane along the Gulf Coast...

Since the WSI floaters selected didn't match the FNEXRAD floaters this
morning, I change them to match.  Here is the results listing from WSI:

Site Selection Results

The Tier 4 configuration is now as follows:

     site = byx
     site = mlb
     site = tbw

Are you unable to contact the WSI web page today?  If so, we need to contact
WSI to see if they can figure out why we can get to them and you can't.

Tom