20011008: Unidata ADDE sites

>From:  Tom Whittaker <address@hidden>

Dave,

I would like to alter Tom's list and add the list of Unidata cooperating
servers:

>The ones that come up in the Java image-fetching GUI are:
>
>adde.unidata.ucar.edu
>suomi.ssec.wisc.edu
>motherload.ucar.edu
>uwamrc.ssec.wisc.edu

Since one has the tendency to think of these in some sort of order, I
would rather the list be:

- standard sites -
papagayo.unl.edu       (community site)
cacimbo.ggy.uga.edu    (community site)
stratus.al.noaa.gov    (community site)
snow.plymouth.edu      (community site)
adde.ucar.edu          (UCAR site, aka motherlode)
twister.millersv.edu   (community site, not yet announced)
weather.admin.niu.edu  (community site, not yet announced)

- non-standard sites -
io.sca.uqam.edu        (community site)
uwamrc.ssec.wisc.edu   (SSEC/AMRC site)
suomi.ssec.wisc.edu    (SSEC/CIMSS site)

A number of Unidata sites are running the remote ADDE server, but have
not (yet) agreed to participate in the list of cooperating servers
for the Unidata community.

>you MUST use the PUBLIC.SRV file and NOT the RESOLV.SRV if you are groping
>these sites.

This is not entirely true for my McIDAS MCGUI.

>That is the agreement, since it gives the site admins control
>over what is exposed -- now if I could only get the Data Center to sign up...

Right.  The PUBLIC.SRV list approach can be useful.

>I know there are a few others that Tom oversees, that show up in their
>GUI...but I don't know about the *.SRV situation on those machines....

The primary machines should be setup with the PUBLIC.SRV file.  The newer
sites may not be setup, or at least they may not be setup correctly.

Tom

>From address@hidden Mon Oct  8 09:05:42 2001
>CC: Tom Whittaker <address@hidden>, Todd Smith <address@hidden>,
>   address@hidden
>Subject: Re: 20011008: Unidata ADDE sites

Thanx guys!

One missing link for us.....how do you read the PUBLIC.SRV file?

dave