20011030: IA AWOS data again

Hello!
        Sorry to be a dill of a pickle here, but there must be something
wrong with the AWOS data/network in Iowa.  And since UNIDATA is the only
ones that answer emails, maybe you can help me out. hehe

        Back in September, I sent an emailing to UNIDATA complaining about
5Z feed problems of AWOS data in Iowa.
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/glimpse/ldm/4520
        I was sent back a helpful message saying that the products were
not reaching the SBN and thus not an issue with the IDD.  In the back of
my mind, I wondered if it was a problem with local midnight here in Iowa.
        So with the recent time change, I figured this problem should
become a 6Z Feed Peculiarity, as quess what, it is!

http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/plotting/stats/reports.php?network=awos

        This is a AWOS network problem, except for two stations (FOD,CWI).
It was hypothesized by the local NWS that these two stations were two of
the original AWOS stations and may have different connectivity/software.
Anyway, the local NWS was not much help and I emailed Julie Hayes in DC,
but got nothing back, sigh.

        Can UNIDATA use its allmighty power and fix this for poor me :)
At least verify again, that these products are not hitting the SBN.

Thanks a million,
        Daryl

--
/**