20011108: NWS COOP

>From:  Unidata Mcidas Account <address@hidden>

Luis,

>We were wondering if we could get NWS COOP data for Puerto Rico and the
>USVI via any of the feeds available.

I talked with Linda Miller (the Unidata external programs coordinator)
and neither of us think that this data is on any of the feeds.

A quick Google search for NWS COOP revealed a number of potentially
useful web sites:

National Weather Service Cooperative Observer Program
http://205.156.54.206/om/coop/index.htm

Puerto Rico NWS Coop Information Contacts
http://205.156.54.206/om/coop/Coop-map/pr-coop.htm

WRCC - Puerto Rico Station Data Inventory NOAA/NWS/COOP
http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/inventory/coop66.html

WRCC - Puerto Rico Station Data Inventory NOAA/NWS COOP
http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/inventory/sodpr.html

NCDC On-Line Monthly Precipitation Data
http://lwf.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/online/coop-precip.html

>Once again thank you for your time,

If you think that the COOP data is on one of the data feeds, please
let us know.  Also, if it already is on one of the feeds, then you are
already getting it (since you are basically already getting everything).

Sorry I can't be of more help...