Status of IP changes

All SSEC IP changes scheduled for today (see below) have been
completed.  The long GOES-8 (EASTL) data loop also now available.

 It is recommended that Real-Time data users EXTERNAL to
 SSEC update their DATALOC tables with the IP address of the affected
 machine rather than the server name.  The User changes should be made
 immediately following the times listed for each server.

 Wednesday, November 14  9:00 am - 11:00 am CST  (15:00 - 17:00 UTC)

 server                  new ip
 ---------------------   --------------------
 wallops.ssec.wisc.edu   128.104.108.50
 gilmore.ssec.wisc.edu   128.104.108.51
 flyover.ssec.wisc.edu   128.104.108.53
 noaaport.ssec.wisc.edu  128.104.108.49
 gms.ssec.wisc.edu       128.104.108.42
 met.ssec.wisc.edu       128.104.108.48
 indoex.ssec.wisc.edu    128.104.108.43

 Wed. afternoon

 server                  new ip
 ---------------------   --------------------
 fy2b.ssec.wisc.edu      128.104.108.54
 info.ssec.wisc.edu      128.104.108.52

To be completed by the end of the day Thursday 11/15

  server                 new ip
---------------------    ---------------------
unidata.ssec.wisc.edu   128.104.108.58
pm.ssec.wisc.edu        128.104.108.40
inventory.sec.wisc.edu  128.104.108.41
gold.ssec.wisc.edu      128.104.108.57
silver.ssec.wisc.edu    128.104.108.56
sunshine.ssec.wisc.edu  128.104.108.55

>From address@hidden Thu Nov 15 10:05:56 2001
>Subject: Re: sunshine and unidata.ssec.wisc.edu changes

The IP changes to sunshine.ssec.wisc.edu and unidata.ssec.wisc.edu are
now complete.

Jerry

--
Jerrold Robaidek                        Email:  address@hidden
SSEC Data Center                        Phone: (608) 262-6025

>From address@hidden Thu Nov 15 11:37:57 2001
>To: "local.mcidas.users" <address@hidden>,
>   "remote.mcidas.users" <address@hidden>
>Subject: IP Changes at SSEC Datacenter

All IP changes within the SSEC Datacenter have been completed.

Once your site's nameserver is picking up the new IPs, real-time data
users may
feel free to switch back to using the server names instead of the IPs in
your
DATALOC tables.

Please see http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/datacenter/rtserver.html for a
batch file we have available for this purpose.