20011130: realtime FTPs to motherlode.ucar.edu (resend)

>From: Unidata User Support <address@hidden>

Hi,

Kevin, you are being CCed on this because Steve Chiswell gave you the
FTP password for motherlode back in April, and we _think_ that the
machine in question below is located in Kansas City.  If you are not
involved, please accept our apology for the email.

Someone on mkc-65-26-24-74.kc.rr.com setup a product-by-product,
cron-initiated FTP of all GEMPAK-decoded products from
motherlode.ucar.edu.  FTP access to motherlode-hosted data files was
never intended to serve as a realtime feed of data.  Rather, our
intention has always been to allow users to FTP data that they missed
through "normal" feed mechanisms (IDD, direct NOAAPORT ingest, etc.).

Your automated FTPs have grown to be problem due to the sheer volume of
log messages that they generate.  If you feel that you should be
allowed to continue obtaining data from motherlode, please let us know by
sending us an email that describes who you are and what your use of the
data is.  If we don't hear from you by midday on Monday, December 3, we
will shut off FTP access for your machine.

Tom Yoksas