20011221: realtime FTPs to motherlode.ucar.edu (cont.)

>From: "Kevin Polston" <address@hidden>

Kevin,

Back on December 3, we asked if you would be willing to install and run
an LDM to get the realtime data products you are currently FTPing from
motherlode.ucar.edu; we received no reply to that message.  We are once
again requesting that you transition to use of an LDM instead of
cron-initiated FTPs since the voluminous logging caused by your FTPs
continues to be a problem that we are forced to deal with daily.  Given
the current situation, we will be forced to implement procedures to
deny FTPs from your machine/domain by the beginning of January.

We have identified a university site that is willing to feed you the
data you need (NOAAPORT GINI imagery, etc.), so we can proceed with
getting you setup with an IDD connection.  Please let us know how
we can help you transition from your FTP grabs of data to use of
our LDM technology.

Tom Yoksas