Re: [Fwd: NSF Weather Station Obs]

Hi Dave,

This proposal is really interesting! As Cliff Jacobs suggested, it seems appropriate for you to discuss at the Unidata Users Committee level. The next Users Committee takes place in Boulder on 14-15 March. Would you be available to attend that meeting? Information on the Unidata Users Committee can be found at:

<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/community/committees/users/users.index.html>

I've cc'd Rich Clark, Users Committee Chair, and several others on this email to solicit the right information for the committee. The more information available, the easier it is for committee discussion. As you know, one of the main considerations Unidata has is the issue of Support. There are so many exciting opportunities, but Support can be a major sink of time. Conversely, Unidata wants to assist, where feasible, in providing services for our university community to facilitate their roles in the community and nation.

Some things that come to mind are:

        - how do you see the data delivered, e.g., netCDF
        - frequency of data delivery, e.g., near real time, once every 24 hrs
- the NSF Cliffometer and related information is not considered to be "operational" - would all CWOP data be available to Unidata university sites, if they are interested

There are many other things to discuss, Dave, so perhaps we can continue the discussion during one of the breaks at the Unidata Policy Committee next Monday and Tuesday in Arlington.

CWOP Background Page (Joe Schmidt)

<http://www.fiu.edu/orgs/w4ehw/CWOP-Main.html> is not functional

If others on this email wish to pose questions or issues, or further distribution of the email is warranted, please forward it (unless Dave Helms objects).

Thank again!

Linda