20020322: MRF/AVN model data: NWS Change Notices

>From: Robert Mullenax <address@hidden>

Robert,

>I have received those messages.  I still don't completely
>understand what exactly is going to happen with the MRF
>especially, on NOAAPORT.

Well, I _think_ I understand what is going on (from my read of the same
emails that you have read, no more), but since we don't make those
decisions (the NWS does) I would not want to step out and give my
opinions about what they are trying to say.

>I don't understand why they just
>don't send out a notice stating EXACTLY what model data will
>be on NOAAPORT.

You mean that you think it would be better for the NWS, a government
body, to be clear on something!? ;-)

>I guess I am being a doofus here but
>to me these messages just aren't clear at all as it pertains
>to NOAAPORT.

I agree that they are always vague.  I think that they are done that
way on purpose.

>I will just assume that absolutely nothing will change at this
>point, and the MRF-lookalike will be a duplicate of the current
>data on NOAAPORT.  Maybe that's what it says, but it sure
>isn't clear.

That was my interpretation as well.  The big item, however, is that the
lookalike grids will go away on or after 1 October 2002.  That is the
date we all need to be aware of.

>Sorry to be a PIA.

You were not at all.  I just thought that it was _very_ interesting
that two folks in the community asked essentially the same question
within minutes of one another!

Later...

Tom

>From address@hidden Fri Mar 22 12:40:18 2002

Well, I am glad I wasn't the only one who felt it was very vague.

Thanks,
Robert