20020514: Unidata2 machine

>From:  Dee Wade <address@hidden>

Dee,

>TomW mentioned that you will be getting Meteosat 5 & 7 data for your new
>machine and probably GMS and Insat data too.

I have access to all of this data through SATEPS (along with a lot of
polar orbiter data).  The INSAT data will never be made available to
outside users, and the METEOSAT data can only be made available after
it is 3 days old (outside of the unencrypted 6-hour data that is readily
available at numerous places).

>How will you be getting this data to your machine

McIDAS ADDE.

>and do you know the volume of data?

No, not yet.  The main purpose of the new machine is to serve GOES data
as part of THREDDS.  Other satellite datasets will be in addition to
this function, and the amount of data that will be made available will
be governed by disk space and several other factors.