20020624: GINIEAST 1km visible imagery for IHOP and beyond (cont.)

>From: Darren Gallant <address@hidden>

Darren,

>I'm using ADDE dataset GINIEAST/GE1KVIS. It is a great product, but
>some of the imagery doesn't look right. i'll show you when I get back to
>Boulder. Actually you can check out some of the images using this link
>http://www.joss.ucar.edu/~gallant/images. I use this location to easily
>test what i'm generating.

After slogging through today's images, I finally found one that was
bad -- the image was just a series of vertical lines.  What is going
here is that the image is being received on the ADDE server machine.
Enough of the image has been received to have a correct header, but
not enough has been received to have good data.  The result is the
vertical bars that are well shown in:

http://www.joss.ucar.edu/~gallant/images/20020624/ops.goes-8.200206240131.IHOP_1km_ch1_vis.gif

A reload of the same image one or two minutes later would result in a
good display.

Tom