20020628: MCIDAS outage

>From: Harry Edmon <address@hidden>

Harry,

>I have received no MCIDAS data from gold.ssec.wisc.edu in the past hour.

As you have probably seen, the Unidata-Wisconsin imagery is flowing
again (all except the IR and H2O Mollweide global composites, that
is).

By the way, in the upcoming LDM release, 5.2, we are renaming this feed
type to UNIWISC.  MCIDAS will still work, or course, but UNIWISC will
be the primary name (i.e., name returned back on things like notifyme
lists, etc.).  The reason for the change is that MCIDAS makes it seem
like the stream is only for McIDAS, and that hasn't been true for just
about 3 years now.

Tom