20020701: Mollweide images from gold.ssec

>From: Dave Dempsey <address@hidden>

Hi Dave,

>I notice (based on the email archives) that on Saturday morning, Tom
>Yoksas starting trying to act on the absence (since 18Z June 24) of
>Mollweide composites from the MCIDAS data stream (though SSEC has been
>posting updated GIF versions of Mollweide images almost continuously
>all along).  Any insight into the problem, and when it might be fixed?

I just resent my inquiry to SSEC, but this time expanded the list of
folks that would get it.

>(And geez, Saturday before 8:00 a.m.? How do we deserve such vigilance
>from Unidata staff!

Yea, we are a pretty boring bunch alright :-)

>Will Tom--and many other hardworking Unidata staff
>members--ever burn out?

I have been noticing a sizzling smell lately.  And I thought that it
was the forest fires that are filling the skys over Colorado with smoke
(literally!).

>You folks are terrific.)

Thanks Dave.  Hopefully the Mollweides will return this afternoon.

Tom

>From address@hidden Mon Jul  1 14:26:50 2002
>Subject: Re: 20020629: Unidata-Wisconsin Mollweide images are old

These should be working again now as of the 1800z image today.

The problem was with the machine generating the data that is staged on
gold.

--
SSEC Data Center            Email:  address@hidden
UW Madison                  Web:    http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/datacenter