20020819: FSL wind Profiler data

>From:  Steve Chiswell <address@hidden>

Chiz,

>It appears that the number of available stations in the FSL netcdf profiler
>files seems to be dwindling eg netcdf files in /data/ldm/fsl

We received several messages from FSL operations concerning the
profiler data earlier this week.  It would not suprise me that a lot
of the data was missing.

>For example, I haven't seen Platteville for several weeks, while
>it does appear in the BUFR messages.

I just looked, and notice that the hourly summary data seemed to missing
up until a couple of hours ago.  I am suprised that the BUFR messages
do have the data since the emails we got seemed to say that the entire
NOAANet Wind/RASS Profiler network was experiencing problems.

>I was wondering if you had looked at profiler recently and if you
>recall any messages from FSL - before I send a message to FSL.

I hand't looked at the data recently, but I just did a couple of minutes
ago.  Things seem to be running again.  We'll see how long this continues.