20020903: changes to the Mollweide Unidata-Wisconsin imagers? (cont.)

>From: Jerrold Robaidek <address@hidden>

Jerry,

re: changes to Mollweide images in UNIWISC stream?

>Not that I am aware of .... I did upgrade McIDAS on the machine that
>generates the composites (not gold.)  The images look fine on that
>machine, and on gold before they are sent.  I'll check to see if any
>nav changes were made for the Mollweide projection in the latest McIDAS
>version.

Thanks for the reply.  The problem was only seen in WXP.  Neither McIDAS
or GEMPAK users saw any change.  Since I sent you the note this morning,
I have received two emails from Dan Vietor, the author of WXP, in which
he notes that his 'xsat' code was not as robust as it should be.  I
am providing him with current Mollweide images so he can update his
code.

re: changes to unidata2 scripts that generate UNIWISC products

>Okay,  Thanks for letting us know.  Things can get pretty confusing when
>people make changes, and if something breaks trouble shooting becomes quite
>a problem.

I agree.  This is why I leave a discernable trail when I make a mod.
Here, for instance, is the documentation I include in the script that
I modified:

IR_BASE_AREA=1160
VIS_BASE_AREA=1200
WV_BASE_AREA=1230

VISDEF_A_BASE=120
IRDEF_A_BASE=130
WVDEF_A_BASE=170

#
# <<<<< UPC mod 20020828 - Change load center from 23,71 to 24,137
#                          Change output image size from 1400,1728 to 1400,1740
#
IR_KEYWORDS="BAND=4 SIZE=1400 1740 MAG=X -2 STYPE=VISR CYCLE=1:00 BAND=4 LATLON=
24 137 PLACE=CENTER"

>It may be that the second floater is not scheduled in the crontab ....

It appears from the email being sent to 'ldm' that the script that is
supposed to be run from cron does not exist: