20030128: Accessing archived Unidata wisconsin data stream (cont.)

>From: Arlene Laing <address@hidden>

Arlene,

>Thanks for checking this out.

No worries.

>I received notification that my data is ready to be downloaded last week
>and I believe that they like the data to be fetched quickly so that
>they can accommodate other requests.  Hence my last statement.  Isn't that
>right?

Yes, it is a good idea to move the requested data to your own machine in
a timely manner.

I sent a note to SSEC last night after unsuccessfully trying the FTP
from here.  I received back a reply that they had no problem from their
home machine, so I tried the FTP again this morning from two different
machines in Unidata.  This time, I had no problem accessing
unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu using the user/pass XXXXX/XXXXX.  So, I
don't know what the problem may have been last night, but it is
apparently not there this morning.

Please try your FTP again and see if you continue to have problems.
If you do, it is likely something at your end, not at SSEC's.

Tom