20030130: RUC2 grids on motherlode (cont.)

>From:  Tom Whittaker <address@hidden>

Tom,

I guess that overloaded includes not being able to get back to your
email for several hours :-(

>What is going on?  For the past 2 weeks I've been answer Louise's "how
>was work today?" with "chaotic"...it's the only way I can describe it.

I agree.  I have been working something like 50-60 hours per week, and
losing ground.  Arg!!!

re: ruc2 need

>We're going to want it every hour, 24/7 (caveats, ...).  Bob (Rabin)
>says he can ftp the GRIB from from somewhere and read it into McIDAS and
>then write a text file of the info...so I guess that's where we'll
>start.

OK.  I have a gribdec.tar.Z bundle for the McIDAS GRIB decoder that
includes a lot more current definitions for grids.  This is being used
by the JSFC guys to decode the 1 degree AVN and lots of other grids
available off of the NWS FTP site.  Let me know if you/Bob wants this.

>Maybe we could "add it to Robb's list" to add the ruc2 decode,
>and maybe we can get it catalog'd with the THREDDS cataloger?

I just added the decoding action to the LDM pqact.conf file.  How it
gets catalogued I don't know or want to know (be careful of what you
know/get good at 'cause ...).

>I don't want too much, do I ;-)

That's right.

>I'm not going to be doing anythin on this in ernest until after AMS,
>then it's balls to the wall...

Got it.

>Geez, I just found out it's only Thursday !!!

Right.  I was going to point that out in response to your first email,
but I didn't have time ;-)