20030428: upgrading LDM to 6.0.10 on sunset (cont.)

>From: Dee Wade <address@hidden>

Hi Dee,

>Hey Tom this is Dee.  I am jumping in the SDI to GOES issue.

OK.

>A couple of things. Are you guys putting up GOES antennae?

The organization (UCAR/NCAR) already has two SeaSpace TeraScan systems:
one dedicated to GOES-East, and the other dedicated to GOES-West.  The
thought was to tap sync and data off of those systems and run them into
separate SDI boxes.

>I didn't think you had access to the raw GOES data.

We do, but it is in TeraScan TDF format.

>Also, remember that if you switch to GOES this will mean an additional
>MUG fee for the GOES SDI.

About a month ago I looked through the MUG pages for the feeds for
SDI GOES ingesters, so I know that they are charged differently than
the NOAAPORT boxes.

Tom