20040506: motherlode archive

>From: Don Murray <address@hidden>

Don,

>Elen Cutrim needs to get some historical netCDF grid data.
>I thought there was a way to get these data after they've
>been aged off motherlode through the Community Data Portal.
>How does she go about getting these?

I believe that the model data is only available in GRIB format.
The announcement/story about the availability of data from the
SCD portal is:

Unidata HomePage
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu
  List All Stories
  http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/allstories.php
    IDD Model & Observation Data-90 days
    http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/article.php?sid=51

The article has a link to an SDC page:

Data Support Section
http://dss.ucar.edu/

The last link has a Datasets link that should lead to the data
that is being looked for.  Remember that this is a rolling 90
day archive.