20040611: NEED GRID FILES (GRIB or McIDAS format)

>From:  address@hidden (Jennie L. Moody)

Hi Jennie,

>I am looking for GRID files, these could be from
>either the GFS (global) or Eta (regional) model
>for the period May 27 to June 2, 2003.  Can
>anyone share and archive??

If you are not successful in finding the data in McIDAS GRID
format (this is likely), then you should make sure to grab
the GRIB files.  You can then decode them into McIDAS GRID
format using a bundle I have available in the passworded
McIDAS FTP site here at Unidata:

machine:   ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
user:      umcidas
pass:      XXXXXX
directory: unix/gribdec
file:      gribdec.tar.Z

gribdec.tar.Z is a bundle of the McIDAS-XCD GRIB decoding code,
but it can be run in standalone mode.  If you get to the
point of needing/wanting to use this, I can send you a couple
lines about how to setup environment variables to build
and use it.