20040624: NIMAGE feed down

>From: Eric Nelson <address@hidden>

Eric,

>I haven't recieved any NIMAGE data since 1845z today.

The NOAAPORT feed of GOES data in GINI format (i.e., the data that is
put into the NIMAGE feed) is apparently down.  Here is the note that
was sent to nws-changes earlier today:

  From:      Jeff Weber <address@hidden>
  To:        address@hidden
  Subject:   20040624: Lack of Satellite data
  Date:      Thu, 24 Jun 2004 14:26:04 -0600

  Subject: ADMIN NOTICE NOUS72 KNCF

  254 NOUS72 KNCF 241956 ADMNCF THE NCF IS AWARE THAT THERE HASN'T BEEN ANY
  SATELLITE DATA FOR THE LAST HOUR.  THE PROBLEM IS BEING INVESTIGATED AND
  THERE IS NO ETA OF WHEN IT WILL BE CORRECTED.  WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE
  INCONVENIENCE. NCF/LT

>Was feeding from
>papagayo.unl.edu and also tried themla once I was informed of the lack of
>data.

Just in case you simply failed over to thelma before checking to see
if was getting the data, I offer the following (important information
for the tracking system; you may very well have already done exactly
what I am suggesting):

1) run 'notifyme' on your LDM machine and see if the data is coming
   in:

notifyme -vxl- -f NIMAGE -o 3600

2) if you are not seeing data, make sure that your upstream is still
   allowing you to ask for the data AND see if it has gotten any
   of the data in the past hour:

notifyme -vxl- -f NIMAGE -o 3600 -h papagayo.unl.edu

   and check the 'volume' plot of data received by that same upstream
   host on our rtstats web pages:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/idd/rtstats/siteindex.php

papagayo.unl.edu
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/idd/rtstats/siteindex.php?papagayo.unl.edu

NIMAGE volume
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_vol_nc?NIMAGE+papagayo.unl.edu

   This page shows that papagayo stopped reporting the reception
   of NIMAGE data at 18:xx Z.

3) if your upstream does not have the data, check the alternate, again
   using notifyme:

notifyme -vxl- -f NIMAGE -o 3600 -h thelma.ucar.edu

   and check the 'volume' plot of data received by that same upstream
   host on our rtstats web pages:

thelma.ucar.edu
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/idd/rtstats/siteindex.php?thelma.ucar.edu

NIMAGE volume
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_vol_nc?NIMAGE+thelma.ucar.edu

If your alternate has the data, then failover to it, not before.

Since I see that you are on the nws-changes email list, I have to
assume you missed the message we sent out earlier.