Tom Yoksas wrote:

From:  Linda Miller <address@hidden>

France RAOBs

Linda, Christian, and Paul:

Linda asked:

Before we can do some checking for you, we need to

have the site ID.  Would

you provide that so we can follow through on your

request?

First, I verified that the IDS|DDPLUS (and hence

NOAAPORT) IDD datastream

only had upper air data from Brest (WMO ID number

07110) for 12Z today.

The set of sites listed as making upper air

observations in France (from

the McIDAS station table) includes 7 stations

other than Brest:

IDN   ID     Station Name         Data Types   ST

CO LAT        LON         ELE

----- -----  -------------------- ------------ --

-- ---------- ----------  ----

07145 ---- Trappes R

FR   48:46:00   -2:01:00   168

07510 LFBD Bordeaux / Merignac M 36RT

FR   44:50:00    0:42:00    49

07761 LFKJ Ajaccio M 36R

FR   41:55:00   -8:48:00     6

07255 LFLD Bourges M 36R

FR   47:04:00   -2:22:00   161

07481 LFLL Lyon / Satolas M 36RT

FR   45:44:00   -5:05:00   248

07645 LFME Nimes / Courbessac M R

FR   43:52:00   -4:24:00    60

07110 LFRB Brest M 36RT

FR   48:27:00    4:25:00    99

07180 LFSN Nancy / Essey M 36R

FR   48:41:00   -6:13:00   225

Number of stations listed: 8

I don't know off of the top of my head how many of

these stations report

routinely, but given the typical coverage over

Europe, I would guess that

it is most.

--On Tuesday, September 14, 2004 11:39 AM -0400

Paul Ruscher <address@hidden.

edu> wrote:

I second Christian's request for help here, in

particular if anyone knows th

proper headers, then we can change our LDM

pattern action. The plot at this
site

confirms that we also are not seeing the French

UA sites on our LDM feed:

http://www.met.fsu.edu/CUDOS/Data/Uamaps/0latesteunmua.gif

Paul

PS - this page may not load properly on the first

try due to heavy demand on

our

backup webserver (primary failed).

Christian Pagé wrote:

Hi everyone,

Anyone noticed that France upperair soundings

are now

missing from IDD/LDM for more than a week

(except

Brest)? But they are on NWS servers though. It

seems

that they changed the WMO headers. ANyone know

if this

problem will be fixed?

Thanks,

=====